2022 Joseph James Morelli Legacy Foundation Scholarship
Click here for a video giving an overview of the scholarship.
Click here for a video of the questions on the application, or download the list of questions.
The Joseph James Morelli Legacy Foundation supports high school and college students with dyslexia who wish to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
To be eligible to apply for a Joseph James Morelli Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Either a high school student or a post-high school student, attending an accredited undergraduate school, community college, or technical/trade school in the United States in the Fall of 2022. Graduate students are not eligible.
- Pursuing a career in STEM: science, technology, engineering, or math
- Have a demonstrated learning challenge (disability) of dyslexia or similar reading and/or language-based disability (dyscalculia or dysgraphia alone do not qualify)
Things You Will Need
- An account in SM Apply. Be sure to create this using your personal email address. Do not use a school email address or your parents' email address.
- Recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor, or other school personnel
- Documentation of your learning challenge (disability), such as a 504, IEP, or letter from a teacher or counselor (no more than one page, please)
- Most recent transcript (official or unofficial)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about eligibility or this application form, or if you need special accommodations in applying.
Awardees are invited to a Welcome Meeting in mid June to meet the other awardees and learn tips on how to be in successful in college.